Over the past few years, some great and talented people have helped our business to become what it is today. Here is a list of some people who deserve our heartfelt thanks and a big shout out:
Neals Yard Dairy
Thanks in particular to Bronwen Percival, who has given us amazing support and advice, right from the beginning, when we were cheesemaking wannabe’s and our business was just a glint in the milkman’s eye! But also to the rest of the fantastic NYD team for their never ending support and encouragement.
Ivan Larcher, French Cheese God
Making a French cheese, we would be lost without the help of a true Frenchman. Thanks Ivan, for designing our cheesemaking rooms/equipment, for getting us on our feet and for teaching us how to answer our own questions!
-Ian and Steph Sharman – Thanks for inviting us to your farm and showing us that the Monty is the only way forward.
-Coopex Montbeliarde – Thanks to Ferreol Roche for chauffeuring us around no less than 35 French alpine farms in three days, in search of the finest cheesemaking Monty’s!
Building, engineering and technical:
– David Jordan and Roger Whiting, Builders – who have pretty much built our entire empire and done a very fine job!
– E&B Williams, plumbing and refrigeration – thanks Bo for figuring out all of our odd requests, including how we were going to move milk uphill from the parlour to the cheese building via gravity!
-Foster’s Refrigeration – who supplied our cold storage.
-Grace Resin Flooring – for a cheese room floor to be proud of.
– Alex Hammond, Designer – who has believed in us from the start and helped us to make our branding and marketing ideas a reality.
– Gemma Wiseman, Artist and Graphic Designer – who drew the beautiful cows in our logo!
– Rory Fitzgerald, who shot and made our lovely short film.
Cheese and milk production:
– Thierry Lerendu, French cheesemaking consultant – This crazy man likes to come and hang out with us for weeks at a time and be worked half to death by Jonny in exchange for English lessons and trips to the pub. Our cheese wouldn’t be half the cheese it is today without his expert knowledge. Thanks Thierry!
– Dr. Paul Neaves of Williams & Neaves. Microbiology Consultant – AKA the walking bible of dairy microbiology. Seriously. Look no further.
– Paul Thomas, Cheesemaking and Microbiology Consultant – thanks Paul for unravelling our many millions of technical questions (cheesemaking dilemmas keeping you awake?…ask Paul!)
– Rodney Allen, Top Flight Nutrition. Dairy nutritionist – the man who creates the finest a-la-carte menus for our Monty’s!
– Protein Feeds, Animal feed supplies – Thanks to Adrian and Chris for your continuing belief and support.
– Three Rivers Vet Group – Mike Bardsley and the team, thanks for helping us to maintain a healthy herd.
– Simon Oxley of HSBC – for putting up with (and believing in) our crazy ideas!
We have been lucky enough to receive grant funding for our cheesemaking project from the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). The RDPE is funded by DEFRA and the EU. For more information, please visit the EU Commission’s rural development website, here.